According to the inscriptions on the back, these photos are from Fort Benning in March of 1941. They were initially inscribed with the date & location, and later “501st Parachute Battalion” was added. This was probably an error by the person who added to the inscription. At that time it was called the 1st Parachute Battalion. The 1st Parachute Battalion served at the nucleus of the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment who were activated in 1942 at Camp Toccoa.