August 17-19, 2007
199th Infantry Brigade
Scenario: Company C 2/3 Infantry (199th LIB Sep. Det.) has been tasked with establishing a forward base and LZ in Long Khanh Province in July, 1969. This is an area where the VC has been in control of the local villages and the local roads are used as a supply and infiltration route for the main force NVA regulars. Known VC/NVA units in the area are the 274th Main Force VC Regiment and the 33rd NVA Regiment. Initial Company objectives include:
- relocating and rebuilding a local village recently destroyed by the VC in retaliation for cooperating with US forces.
- clearing and establishing a defensible LZ to be used for re-supply and reinforcements.
- establishing a defensive position that can be defended by a single platoon if necessary until reinforcements arrive.
- patrolling and protecting the local village.
- patrolling the local roads to clear them of mines and booby traps.
- interdicting the movement of NVA supplies and troops in the area.
- training newly arrived troops ( FNG’s ) in jungle warfare.
VC/NVA objectives include maintaining control and use of the local road and trail network for supply routes and disruption of the US operations in the area.