Condensed Operating Instructions for Radio Set AN/PRC-25
Organizational Maintenance Manual
Including Repair Parts and Special Tool Lists
Radio Set AN/PRC-25
To Operate Set
- The numbers of steps 1 through 6 below relate to the numbers on the diagram.
- Install the antenna required for the type of operation in the ant mount.
- Attach handset H-138/U to either audio connector.
- Turn the function switch to on.
- Turn the band switch to the desired operating frequency band.
- turn the MC tuning and KC tuning control knobs until the desired frequency appears in the channel dial (7).
- Turn the volume control to 4.
- Press the handset H-138/U push-to-talk switch and speak into handset. Release the push-to-talk switch to listen.
- Adjust the volume control (6) for a desirable sound level.
- To reduce the rushing noise when no signal is being received, turn switch (3) to squelch.
To Turn Set Off
- Turn the function switch (3) to off.