To Wear Khaki, or Not
To Wear Khaki -
Green Web Equipment in WWII. by Sean Foster
• Improving your Impression & your Life - My attempt to NOT be a fat reenactor.
Southern Wing - Photos of some of the members of the Southern Wing of the Airmens Preservation Society.
Valley 2001 - Tactical in Ocala Florida, Jan 2001
Battle of the Bulge 2001- Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, Jan 2001
Battle of the Bulge 2002 - Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, Jan 2002
Battle of the Bulge 2004 - Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, Jan 2004
Jackson, Ms. - Western Front Tactical in Jackson Mississippi, March 2002
Toccoa, Ga. - NMHA tactical in Toccoa Georgia, March 23, 2002
Reading, Pa. 2001 - Airshow & WW2 Weekend in Reading, Pennsylvania, June 2001
Reading, Pa. 2002 - Airshow & WW2 Weekend in Reading, Pennsylvania, June 2002
Frederick, Md. - Airshow in Frederick, Maryland, August 2001
Celebrate Freedom - Airshow in Columbia, South Carolina, November 2001
Doolittle Raiders Reunion - Photos & more - AMI field hospital at the Doolittle Raider Reunion, April, 2002
Military Timelines - Roswell Georgia, Memorial Day, May 2001& Birthday of the Army, June 14th, 2001
Athens, Ga - Military timeline, May 27th, 2002
Liri Valley - Tactical in Ocala Florida, Jan 2003
Liri Valley - Tactical in Ocala Florida, Jan 2004
Athens, Ga - Military timeline, May 25-26, 2003
Augusta, Ga 2003 - Airshow in Augusta Georgia October 4-5 2003
Spring Hill, Tn 2004 - Tactical in Spring Hill, Tn April 2-3 2004
• Battle of the Ruhr Pocket - NMHA tactical in Carrollton, Ga. 2005
Celebrate Freedom 2003 - Airshow in Camden, South Carolina, November 2003
Celebrate Freedom 2004 - Airshow in Camden, South Carolina, November 2004
• Iwo Jima +60 - 60th Anniversary of the Battle of Iwo Jima, Fredericksburg, Texas, 2005
8th AF Living History - Mighty 8th AF Museum, Savannah, Ga., 2005
• Army Birthday 2005 - Celebration of the Birthday of the Army at Ft. McPherson, Ga, 2005
Reading, Pa. 2005 - Airshow & WW2 Weekend in Reading, Pennsylvania, June 2005
Celebrate Freedom 2005 - Airshow in Camden, South Carolina, November 2005
• Command Post Museum Opening - Chattanooga, Tennessee, November 2005
• Tullahoma, Tn 2005 - Reduction of Kampfgruppe Peiper Tactical, December 2005
• Liri Valley - Tactical in Ocala Florida, Jan 2006
• Island Excursion - Living History Event Georgia, Sept 2006
• Military Channel - Photos from the video shoot for an upcoming Military Channel series.
• Spring Hill, Tn 2007 - Feb 1945 tactical hosted by the 30th Div in Tennessee
• Kennesaw, GA 2007 - All Ages Military Timeline
• Camden Military Timeline 2008 - Camden, S.C.
Liberty Belle 2008 - The B17, Liberty Belle, returns to England
• Sons of Valor VI - Western Front tactical in Camden, SC. March 2010
Paperwork - Original Examples to help you fill out your repro paperwork FREE WEB PRINTABLE PAPERWORK!!!!
Dogtags & Serial
Numbers - Army Regulations for the information on dogtags (early & late
war) and How to pick a correct Army Serial Number for your impression. On
the "Strictly GI" website, written by Alain S. Batens. External
• Serial Number Generator - Automatically generate your ASN thanks to this tool created by E/506th.
Pay Scale - Pay, Allotments, Deductions,
and Allowances of the Enlisted Man
Post Regulations - Army Air Corps Uniform Regulations- 1942
Medical Detachment Orders - Letterman General Hospital - 1937
Requisites of a Good Clerk - 18 rules to being a good clerk
Field Desk - suggested contents (forms & office supplies) of a field desk
Britain - Pamphlet - For all Members of American Expeditionary Forces in Great Britain
Classes of Uniform - Illustration
of Class "A" thru Class "D" uniforms
GI Uniform - Placement of Insignia on 4 pocket blouse Page Updated
WAC Uniform - Placement of Insignia on the WAC blouse
Officer Field Uniform - Placement of Insignia on the Officer's field uniform
How to Tie A ... - Illustrated instructions on how to tie a Regular, Windsor, and Bow Tie
DI's - 29th Infantry Division Distinctive Insignias
Ribbon Bars-Decorations & Awards for the 4 pocket blouse
Rank Insignia - Insignia of Grade, U.S. Army Page Updated
Branch Identification - identifying colors of the various arms, services, bureaus, etc.
The Expert Infantry Badge - Background history about the EIB
Inductee Clothing Issue - Ft. Lee QM Site External
WAC Clothing Issue - Inventory of issued clothing items required for each WAC
WAC Personal Items - Approved items which can be brought to WAAC training center
• Know Your Enemy: Basic Unform & Tactics info about the Japanese & German Soldiers. From the Ordinance Soldier's Guide. New
• Infantry Drill Regulations: General Information, Soldier Without Arms, Soldier With Arms, Squad Drill
• Extended Order Introduction - Basic info on squad formations.
Combat Formation - Composition of the Rifle Squad & when to use specific formations
Cover & Movement - Dropping to the Prone Position from a Run
Hand Signals - Basic Combat Signaling.
Foxholes - Various foxholes types for infantry & machine guns Page Updated
• Crossing Barbed Wire - how to silently cut barded wire
German Phrases - Excerpts from the
German Phrase Book, Nov 30, 1943
Cadence Calls - History of Cadence calls and Period WW2 calls
Carlisle Bandage - How to apply the Carlisle Bandage.
10 Laws of Self Aid - Ten steps to self aid for wounds in combat.
Knots & Lashing - Basic knot tying and some illustrated uses.
• Marches & Bivouacs - Hints & Tips for a safe & healthy march
Use of the Compass - Basics on using
a compass and orienting your map
Scouting and Patrolling - Training for all Infantrymen
Scouts' Observations - Scout's observations and the 3 ways to report his findings
Messages & Reports - How a Scout can prepare concise and accurate messages and reports.
• Lettering - Proper handwriting for messages and reports
• FM 24-9 - Combined United States - British
Radiotelephone (R/T) Procedure, 1942
Radio Card -Radio Procedure Card & Phonetic Alphabet
• Field Wire Splice - How to splice field phone wire
• Field Wire Ties - How to secure field phone wire to trees, etc
• Field Telephones - Basic field phone diagnostic tests
• Batteries - Specs & Info on common Signal Corps Batteries
• Combat Lessons - Excerpts from "Combat Lessons" pamphlets printed during 1944
• Tips from an Old Top Kick - Practical Hints & Tips from the Ordinance Soldier's Guide New
• Footlocker Layout Detailed Description - Detailed view & item description of Footlocker Tray contents. Written by Jeff Reed
Styles & Patterns - Photos of various WW2 dated & era footlockers
Equipment - Footlocker, Wall Locker, Bed, and Personal Gear Inspection
Layout Page Updated
Hygiene - Personal Care of the Individual Soldier
Marking - Army Regulations for marking
clothing & equipment
How & Why to Use Your Gas Mask - How to ID the types of Gas, how to put on a gasmask, and other necessary procedures.
LMG Section Jeep - Load list for jeep in
Weapon's Platoon of an Infantry Company
MVO Test - Graded & Practical test for Motor Vehicle Operator's Permit
Hand Signals - Hand Signals for operating vehicles in convoy
Jeep Restoration - Ongoing updates from the restoration of my 1944 Willys MB
WC-52 - Initial page for the upcoming restoration of my 1942 Dodge Weapons Carrier
Battalion Headquarters Company and Company Headquarters Company, Infantry Regiment - Vehicle Loading Table
Medical Detachment, Infantry Regiment - Vehicle Loading Table
Rifle Sling & Firing Positions -
how to use the leather sling & proper firing positions
Blanks in the M1 Belt - Make it easier to get your blank rounds out of your M1 Belt. This shows you how to raise the blank clips to the height of live clips
• 60mm Mortar Demonstration - script used to introduce troops to the 60mm Mortar at Ft. McClellan during WW2
Rifle Grenade - Basics on loading & firing the M1903 Rifle Grenade
Rocket Launcher (Bazooka) - Basics on loading & firing the 2.36" Bazooka
• Commando Combat - Basic Hand to Hand Combat from the Ordinance Soldier's Guide. New
Slanguage - USAAF slang terms - From "I've Got Wings" training pamphlet
Organization of Infantry Rifle Company, Sept 1, 1942
• Combat Lessons - Pacific Warfare - Pacific theatre related info from the "Combat Lessons" pamphlets. 1944-1945
Heritage Collection OnLine - Digital copies of US Military Manuals, articles,
and more. External Link
FM 31-50 - Attack on a Fortified Position and Combat in Towns, 31 Jan 1944 - Part 2
FM 105-5 - Umpire Manual. 10 March 1944. Rules, etc for Military Training Exercises.
Battalion Procedure - Battalion Command Post Procedure - Staff and Functioning in the Attack
Rifle and Weapons Platoons Hasty Defense - Infantry School - Ft. Benning - Quick Entrenching, Obstacles, and more. 1942
The Rifle Platoon and Squad in Offensive Combat - Infantry School - Ft. Benning - principles and methods of employment of the rifle platoon and squad in offensive combat.
Dentist - Regimental Dentist Field
Operating Room Technic - How to set up an OR, and the duties of the various nurses.
Central Supply Room - OR supplies, instruments, linens, and trays.
Gear, Equipment, Weapons:
1st Person Accounts:
GI Illustrated History Series: